Wednesday 23 May 2018

New Release Book Review: Midlife Crisis by L.B. Dunbar






☆¸.•*¨*★☆★ NEW RELEASE! NOW LIVE! ★☆★¸.•*¨*☆

A sexy silver fox might be the perfect solution to a midlife crisis.

Midlife Crisis
Another romance for the over 40

L.B. Dunbar

Romantic Comedy




Cover Design: Shanoff Designs
Cover Model: Tom Ernsting

Midge Everette.
I'm forty-one today.
It's my birthday,
And I'm crying over burnt toast.
That's not some euphemism.
Literally, I'm sobbing over stupid bread,
so I call a crisis center.
I just need someone to talk to about life.
Only I recognize the smoky voice of the man on the line.
In the name of all things, don't let it be...
Hank Paige.
As a former rock star,
I once had it all.
Fame. Fortune. Females.
Except for the one thing I wanted most.
Now, I fix cars and restore other people's dreams.
I just want to be somebody's someone.
And there's a certain woman with captivating eyes,
I want to fulfill my dreams.
For the love of all things, please let it be her...
In the midst of questioning everything,
could love be the resolution to a midlife crisis?


+ o +
If you loved Tommy Carrigan in After Care meet his best friend and former drummer, Hank, as he discovers romance in his forties.
Book 2 of the silver fox, former rock stars can be read as a standalone.



My Thoughts

“Why did it take so long to find you?”

Midlife Crisis is my first L.B. Dunbar book and I was initially drawn to the book because the main characters were over 40. I like older characters because they typically come with a few dents and greater life experiences, and Midlife Crisis definitely delivered.

Midge and Hank’s story was captivating. They have both experienced great disappointments with love and are eager not to repeat those same mistakes. I love how their relationship slowly developed as they got to know one another and – here’s where maturity helps – knew the value of actions over words at times. Yes, there were moments of indecision but they were both brave enough to put themselves out there and ask to be accepted for who they were.

The book features characters from After Care – in fact they are the catalyst for Midge and Hank meeting – but they do not take attention away from Midge and Hank. And neither do you have to have read After Care to enjoy this book. I haven’t as yet and it did not hamper my enjoyment at all.

Overall, a wonderful read and I hope L.B. Dunbar continues to write over 40 characters.

*****




Connect with L.B. Dunbar
www.lbdunbar.com
Stalk Me More: Instagram @lbdunbarwrites
AND more things here...
Hang with us: Loving L.B. (reader group): https://www.facebook.com/groups/LovingLB/

No comments:

Post a Comment