Friday 12 October 2018

Book Review: ALL MY LIFE by Prescott Lane



All My Life 

by 

Prescott Lane 


Release Date: October 10, 2018




All My Life, an all-new standalone contemporary romance by Prescott Lane.

The beginning of any love story starts with the meet.

I’ve known Garrett Hollis since before I can remember, and I’ve loved him just as long. I loved him while he loved someone else. I loved him when he had a baby with her. I loved him when she left him.

The greatest of love stories is that between a dad and his daughter. I should know. I’ve had a front row seat. First steps, first words, all the big moments.

Garrett was just a teenager when Mia was born. I’ve watched him braid his daughter’s hair, hold her hand crossing the street, seen her asleep on his chest. I’m the best friend, the one they can count on for everything from dance lessons to motherly advice, anything they need. I’m their go-to girl.

The best part of any love story is the happily ever after.

But what if the happily ever after doesn’t include you?

All my life, that’s how long I’ve loved him.

Of course, he’s clueless.





Download your copy today!
Amazon Worldwide: https://amzn.to/2C60Tlw
Add to GoodReads: https://goo.gl/t1CH95





MY THOUGHTS 


ALL MY LIFE by Prescott Lane is a single father and friends-to-lovers romance. Garett’s got fatherhood down pat for the most part given his daughter, Mia, is a well-adjusted teen about to head off to college. It’s the romance that’s been a long time in coming!

The phrase ‘it takes a village to raise a child’ holds true for Garrett, Mia and the small town they live in. As hard as it would have been, I loved the insight into Mia’s growing up years and the help both she and Garrett received from the town – after the scandal had died down, of course.

Always a help and support to him since Mia came along is his childhood friend Devlyn. Devlyn has been there for all the major milestones, and has been a quasi-mother to Mia from the start. She has also been in love with Garrett all these years but it’s been a case of unrequited love.

I enjoyed Garrett and Devlyn’s relationship. They know a lot about each other, are comfortable with each other and when they make the leap into a romantic relationship, they work incredibly well together as a couple.

And yet, I was never fully comfortable with this relationship. Both these characters are so reasonable. It’s not all smooth sailing and the author has given them a foundation of level-headedness that ensures neither character engages in silly behaviour, however, I was never able to get over the fact that firstly, it took nearly 20 years for them to act and secondly, the jump from friends to lovers was a smooth transition. Devlyn, I could understand; she’s been pining for Garrett. Garrett on the other hand is a tougher sell for me. And it’s annoying because he is not at all a sleaze. He is an upstanding person who would never delude or deceive a woman.

The pacing and flow of the book works well. I enjoyed the dual points of view, and I always understood each character’s reasoning for their actions. An overall solid read. This was my first Prescott Lane book but I see she has a back catalogue of titles that I am keen to take a closer look at. 

*****

About Prescott Lane: 

Prescott Lane is the Amazon best-selling author of Stripped Raw. She's got seven other books under her belt including: First Position, Perfectly Broken, Quiet Angel, Wrapped in Lace, Layers of Her, The Reason for Me, and The Sex Bucket List. She is originally from Little Rock, Arkansas, and holds a degree in sociology and a MSW from Tulane University. She married her college sweetheart, and they currently live in New Orleans with their two children and two crazy dogs. Prescott started writing at the age of five, and sold her first story about a talking turtle to her father for a quarter. She later turned to writing romance novels because there aren't enough happily ever afters in real life.


Connect with Prescott Lane: 

Stay up to date with Prescott Lane by joining her mailing list:

No comments:

Post a Comment